Losing your teeth can be an embarrassing ordeal. In addition to making a person feel self-conscious, tooth loss also makes eating and even speaking difficult. Thankfully, your Lafayette dentist, Dr. Michael J. Young, offers an innovative solution to addressing missing teeth. In today’s blog, Dr. Young uses a fun and informative quiz to explain how dentures can provide quality smile restoration.
Smile Restoration Quiz
1. True or False: Tooth loss hinders the health of your smile.
2. True or False: Dentures are custom-made.
3. True or False: Your restorations will look natural.
4. True or False: Your Lafayette LA cosmetic dentist offers implant-retained dentures.
1. True. When you lose even a single tooth, the body responds by suspending the flow of nutrients to the surrounding jawbone. Deprived of these vital doses of calcium and phosphorus, the bone tissue begins to dissolve, altering facial structure. Soon, the patient may suffer further tooth loss and even develop an aged appearance.
2. True. Your dentures will be custom-made using an impression that Dr. Young will take of your smile.
3. True. Dentures will be designed using lifelike dental materials. The teeth will even be shaded to blend naturally with your smile.
4. True. Instead of requiring adhesives, implant dentures are secured using six to eight implant posts that are inserted directly into the jawbone. Implant dentures can be permanently affixed and never slip when patients speak or eat. Since the body accepts the implant posts as natural teeth, the body resumes the flow of nutrients to the jawbone, ending the loss of jawbone density and preserving your facial structure.
Schedule a Consultation with Your Lafayette LA Cosmetic Dentist
Dentures can restore your smile to optimal health and beauty.To learn more about our innovative options for tooth replacement, schedule an appointment with your Lafayette LA cosmetic dentist. Dr. Young provides a number of esthetically pleasing options for replacing missing teeth, including dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. Contact Dr. Young today by calling (337) 237-6453. Located in the 70508 area, our Lafayette dentist’s office proudly welcomes patients from Lafayette and all surrounding communities.